Maintenance My Dear, Maintenance
Dan's Papers, August 22, 2003
Dan's Papers praises Dr. Copeland's products for keeping skin young-looking and vibrant.
Who said beauty is only skin-deep? Certainly not anyone who has broken off a promising relationship, or suffered a plunge in self confidence, thanks to crow's feet, saddlebags, or a scowl embedded in your forehead. Appearance, in fact, has an enormous impact on emotional well being and quality of life, for people of all ages and for men as well as women.
An accomplished and renowned plastic surgeon and Bridgehampton resident, Dr. Michelle Copeland, shows how easy it can be for just about anyone to improve his or her appearance—and transform their entire outlook. It's all in her informative uplifting book, Change Your Looks, Change Your Life (HarperResource; January, 2003; $27.95). The book, packed with quick fixes and cosmetic surgery solutions, is worth every penny and most enjoyable reading, shows you how Dr. Copeland is a firm believer in cosmetic wellness—making physical changes for the emotional and health benefits. Dr. Copeland presents a comprehensive, detailed and realistic guide to the many cosmetic options available, with an emphasis on the least invasive and most effective, safe and affordable procedures.
This year, Dr. Copeland has personally developed a very unique line of products. Each ingredient is hand selected and tested herself and her patients before it is released to the public.
Nobody understands your special skin care needs better than Dr. Michelle Copeland, preeminent plastic surgeon, biochemist, and author. She had dedicated her entire distinguished career to helping women and men look younger, feel healthier and live better.
Now Dr. Copeland has applied her extensive knowledge of biochemistry to create effective skin care solutions for you, each personally developed from the hundreds of formulas she's evaluated over the years. Here are some of the ways Dr. Copeland's products can help you:
- Maintaining supple, vibrant, healthy-looking skin
- Reduce signs of aging, and erase fine lines
- Protect and restore skin from sun damage, free radical and environmental damage
- Fade away "age spots" and other discolorations.
For each of her products, Dr. Michelle Copeland has carefully evaluated and selected only the most efficacious ingredients—including natural ingredients such as Vitamins A, E, and C, thyme, zinc, arbutin, soy, cucumber and others that have been proven to promote healthy, younger-looking skin. Compared to other skin care products offered today, Dr. Copeland's are formulated with greater strength for extraordinarily effective results.
I am always looking for newer, modern, and aggressive face and body products that will improve my skin, and give me a more vibrant, healthier, happier look. I tried most of these skin care products and I am happy to report that there is a noticeable difference in my skin. Here are some of the products developed by Dr. Michelle Copeland, D.M.D., M.D., F.A. C.S., P.C.
- Daily Cleanser: This pH balanced alternative to soap gently and effectively purifies and refreshes the skin without dryness and irritation ($28/3.5oz.).
- Daily Normalizing Toner: The product restores the skin's natural acid balance and helps eliminate bacteria and maintain a healthy surface environment, while it conditions and firms the skin ($24/8 oz.).
- Revitalizing Formula with Vitamins C & E: A special blend of exfoliating acids promote skin renewal and assist Vitamin A, C and E to protect skin from free radical and environmental damage. Erases fine lines and fades discolorations, restoring skin vitality ($115/2 oz.).
- SPF-40 Mist Sun Block: With its unique formulation of clear zinc oxide, powerful antioxidants and soothing aloe, invisible broad spectrum Sun Block does what others can't do. Blocks both ultraviolet B-light (the rays that burn) and the longer wave ultraviolet A-light which penetrates the skin more deeply. The best sun protection possible, and it's PABA and fragrance free (special introductory price $30/4 oz.).
- Pigment Blocker: Oil-free solution reduces age spots, scars and other skin discoloration's using natural ingredients that block production of melanin. Zinc, Vitamin E and other nutrients actively promote skin renewal ($60/2 oz.).
- Daily Moisturizer: An everyday moisturizer with powerful antioxidants that help keep skin soft while it promotes the absorption of water and optimizes the skin's natural moisture ($48/3.5 oz.).
- Skin Hydrating Mist: The ultra-fine, easily absorbed spray infuses the skin with moisture making it soft and supple without using harsh minerals, chemicals or additives ($10/8 oz.).
- AHA Skin Smoothing Cream: Facial cream containing AHA and soothing cucumber stimulates new skin cell growth and reduces the appearance of fine lines. Skin looks softer, smoother and more radiant. ($45/2 oz.).
- Advanced AHA Skin Smoothing Lotion: Natural acids and cucumber extract help to exfoliate and regenerate skin cells. Works on the face, neck, upper chest and may be used on your hands, elbows, feet and body to make skin softer and smoother ($48/3.5 oz.).
- Enhanced AHA Body Smoothing Lotion: Luxurious body lotion that gently exfoliates and moisturizes, relieving dry, rough skin and restoring skin's natural glow ($58/3.5 oz.).
Skin Care is beautifully packaged in eco-friendly sea glass, remember, when your skin looks fresh and radiant and feels soft and supple, it announces that you are a healthy, vibrant, active person.