When it comes to plastic surgery, every person has different hopes, expectations, and fears. And so every patient requires a personal consultation.
Dr. Copeland will begin by talking to you about your goals—why you're considering a procedure and what kind of options you have, as well as what sort of outcome you should expect. Using state-of-the-art digital imaging, she'll help you visualize how you might be able to change your looks. The doctor's knowledge and experience—combined with realistic visual images of the projected result—will help you make an informed choice. If additional discussion would be helpful to you, Dr. Copeland encourages you to have a second consultation, which may include family members or significant others.
Cosmetic surgery is about feeling good about yourself, and the decision to have a cosmetic procedure is as much an emotional one as it is physical. With help from Dr. Copeland and her caring staff, you can be sure you'll make a decision you'll feel good about on all levels.
Contact the practice today to set up your consultation.
About Dr. Copeland: Medical Training and Certifications
Dr. Michelle Copeland is certified by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the American College of Maxillofacial Surgeons, and other professional societies. Dr. Copeland is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She is an attending surgeon at the Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Dr. Copeland was the first woman plastic surgeon in the United States to earn combined doctoral degrees in both medicine and dentistry from Harvard University. After residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, she returned to her native New York City for advanced training in general surgery at the New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. After fellowship training, Dr. Copeland joined the staff at the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in 1985 and served as Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery for the Mount Sinai Services at the City Hospital Center in Elmhurst, New York. Board Certification:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- B.A.: New York University
- D.M.D., magna cum laude: Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- M.D.: Harvard Medical School
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Maxillofacial Surgery: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residencies in General Surgery: New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center and The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: State University of New York—Downstate Medical Center
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- National Committee on Domestic Violence
- American Medical Women's Association
- Women's Medical Association of New York City
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Women Plastic Surgeons' Caucus
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Association of Women Surgeons
- Harvard Odontological Society
- Health, Medicine and Research Partners (HMR Partners) of the Society of Women's Health Research
- Lipoplasty Society New York County Medical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- New York Surgical Society
- Northeastern Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Dental Honor Society
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Teaching Appointments:
- Assistant Professor Of Clinical Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical School