Many patients looking to rejuvenate their face are surprised to discover that a face-lift (rhytidectomy) is just one option. Facial surgery is now carried out using state-of-the-art techniques that minimize scars and give you the most natural results possible. Procedures can be performed by themselves or in combination with other cosmetic surgery. After you've seen Dr. Copeland, people will tell you that you look well rested instead of asking you who you are. The following is just a sampling of what the doctor offers. If you are interested in a procedure not listed here, please inquire.Which Surgery is Right for You?
|If you have...||Then you may be a candidate for...|
Pronounced nasolabial folds (creases that run diagonally from the nose to the mouth)
Jowls/softening in jaw area
|Face-lift or mini-lift|
|Neck lift or neck lipectomy|
Horizontal forehead wrinkles
Frown lines between the eyes
|Forehead lift or endoscopic forehead lift|
|Baggy or droopy eyelids|
Puffy or fatty eyelids
Lax lower eyelids
Flat cheeks with minimal wrinkling
- Rhytidectomy (traditional face-lift). To recontour the upper and lower face including the neck, the skin and underlying tissues are lifted to give a more youthful appearance. This procedure can be performed in our fully accredited ambulatory surgery facility while you are under twilight anesthesia.
- Mini-Lift (short scar technique). Recontours the lower face from cheek to chin. Skin and underlying tissue is lifted to effectively eliminate jowls and redefine the cheekbones. Shorter scars and quicker recovery make this procedure very appealing. The best candidates for the mini-lift are those who are unhappy with the contour of their lower face and neck.
- Neck Lift. A neck lift can make a dramatic difference in facial appearance. Small-incision surgery allows recontouring of the neck with minimal downtime under twilight anesthesia. The neck lift is ideal for treating people with conditions such as turkey wattle neck and excess fat, but who are not bothered by jowls and cheek contour problems. Smart lipo can sometimes be used in this area to melt away small amounts of fat and tighten skin.
- Chin Augmentation. Chin augmentation done using twilight sedation and local anesthesia. The procedure recontours the chin with an implant placed through a virtually invisible incision. Chin augmentation can transform the face into a more aesthetically pleasing shape and can be done in conjunction with a neck lift or face-lift. This procedure can be combined with a neck lift or liposuction.
Endoscopic Forehead (or brow) Lift. This procedure opens and brightens the upper face, smoothes deep furrows and wrinkles in the forehead, softens vertical scowl lines between the eye-brows, lifts sagging brows, and alleviates pressure on the upper eyelid. It even lifts the nose a bit. It can be done alone or in conjunction with other procedures such as face-lift, eyelid surgery, or nose reshaping.
Nose and Septal Surgery. Rhinoplasty or cosmetic correction of the appearance of the nose can be performed with scarless techniques that allow recontouring in a natural way. Often breathing problems and nasal congestion can be improved at the same time, providing both a practical and aesthetic benefit to the patient. Some insurance may cover surgery to alleviate breathing problems, severe snoring, or trauma.
- Eyelid Surgery. The eyes are the windows to the soul. All too often, however, they seem to reveal exhaustion. The very delicate skin around the eyes tends to get crepey and puffy due to fatigue and stress. Eyelid surgery has become one of Dr. Copeland's most popular procedures. She also performs scarless eyelid surgery, a technique that involves making a tiny incision inside the lower lid of the eye. The tissue heals so quickly that there's no need for stitches and hence, no scarring. Topical creams (like Dr. Copeland's Rewind Eye Formula) can reduce some lines and wrinkles around the eyes almost immediately, even without surgery.